Position: Claims Manager
Reports To: Director of Claims (Daily, Catastrophe or On Demand, depending on circumstance)
The Claims Manager position is responsible for oversight and the handling of insurance claims for a specific contracted carrier for personal, property, or casualty loss based on coverage, appraisal, and verifiable damage. Ensures complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews and investigations in accordance with company policies and procedures. It is responsible for developing claims standards, providing technical support on complex claims, coordinating budgets, assisting in consumer affairs, claims research and special projects. In addition to direct claims functions, helps develop programs that will favorably affect results for the entire block of business, such as rate decisions and/or promotion of policyholder welfare.
- Provide sound claim handling support to all claim representatives; ensure optimal handling of all claims and investigate all issues and provide training.
- Oversee incoming problems/complaints and respond to consumer affairs (regulation/DOI/General complaints)
- Embrace GRS culture with other functions and locations within the organization
- Determine training curriculum for claims department employees
- Provide statistical data/reports and key point indicators (KPIs)
- Provide quality assurance
- Develop new claims process that focuses on maximizing speed, customer experience and minimizing cost. Implements and integrates changes seamlessly across multiple locations
- Implement new technology into process that supports key metrics
- Monitor effectiveness of all programs and provide support to all open claim file reviews and ensure compliance to all Service Level Objectives.
- Forecast all staffing requirements and identify and resolve all issues effectively and schedule all employee attendance for each carrier’s specific assignment. (Daily, Catastrophe & On-Demand)
- Insurance Policy Knowledge
- Claim Handling
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Timely Decision Making
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Project Management
This Manager will lead and manage a group of assigned claim representatives. This position will work closely with the Quality Assurance Department, Training Department and Claims Assignment Department.
Work location to be determined and may be in office or remote. The Manager will be expected to be on-site where needed during catastrophic events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some field training operations are required. This would require the ability to lift a ladder to perform a roof inspection and carry laptop computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Specific workdays will be assessed based on volume of work but shall not fall below 5 days in a standard work week.
This position requires up to 30% travel outside of a catastrophe event. Manager is expected to report on-site during catastrophic events.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years of property and casualty carrier level experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to partner effectively with executive management and cross department peers
- Proven ability to lead and motivate large teams in multiple locations – delivering exceptional results
- Must have experience leading change of customer service metrics tracking and development of key performance indicators
- Smart and engaging leader with ability to set high standards or personal and team performance
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven visionary thinking complimented by shaping and executing strategy
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- As assigned
Apply for Claims Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly