Market Sales Associate
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Market Sales Associate is a virtual position responsible for the implementation of various sales processes, adapting to the customers needs to build rapport, trust and a strong partnership. The Market Sales Associate is responsible for attracting and generating new Allstate customers in support of Allstate’s profitable growth goals. The Sales Associate will be able to cross sell a wide array of Allstate products and services, answer complex customer inquiries, meet the customer where and when needed, and be involved in their communities to generate referrals. Additionally, the Sales Associate will provide exceptional customer service to attract and retain customers, as well as being responsible for assessing customers’ needs and suggesting additional products and services as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Execute on a 12-month business plan encompassing financial, operating, and marketing strategies to achieve defined business results as determined by management
- Establish target customer base by utilizing Allstate sales ‘best practices’, processes and professional customer relationship building practices
- Develop centers of influence to generate referrals through networking in the community
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and prospecting plans to sell new business and retain existing business,
- Regularly and routinely make most sales out in the community through in person meetings with potential customers, either at community events or at an establishment of the customer’s choice, utilizing portable technology to bind Allstate policies from the field
- Plan, implement and manage processes to achieve customer satisfaction, sales growth goals and targets
- Provide an exceptional sales experience to customers
- Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities to increase household penetration and improve customer retention
- Proactively communicate with customers to assess, review and ensure both current and future insurance needs are being met, and provide information and options available to meet the customer’s needs
- Deliver optimal results within appropriate metrics, including quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity, customer satisfaction and financial performance, including compliance with all Allstate rules, procedures and standards consistent with the manager’s supervision
Education and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer facing experience
- Strong Community Involvement
- Sales experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Applicable Insurance licensing in state of residence and areas serviced is required to perform the duties of the job
- Must be willing to obtain Texas General Lines P&C and Life and Health Producer licenses
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, products and services and may require advance problem solving and sophisticated sales techniques
- Ability to drive results in a virtual environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong grammar skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of sales processes, policies, and procedures or other business and technical fields
- Strong ability to close sales
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.