Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Information Delivery Consultant is a development resource that analyzes data across multiple sources, assembles data for delivery and develops components of Business Intelligence applications. This position works within a project team to deliver innovative solutions and will have intermediate technical skills and working knowledge of data concepts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Data Refinement:
- Analyze data sets using data and visualization tools
- Compile and verify data utilized for periodic scheduled reporting
- Develop an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems
- Business Discovery:
- Complete root cause defect analysis of monthly delivery process.
- Independently translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to prescribed business inquiries
- Perform consistent data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations regarding data sparsity and quality.
- Data Visualization:
- Operationalize and automates well defined simple data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Assists in the development of key performance indicators.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 1 year of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 3 years of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required.
Licensing or Certificates
- Business Intelligence certification preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities
- Provides manager with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to effectively evaluate and estimate routine tasks with clear precedent.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.