Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe Information Delivery Consultant is a development resource that analyzes data across multiple sources, assembles data for delivery and develops components of Business Intelligence applications. This position works within a project team to deliver innovative solutions and will have intermediate technical skills and working knowledge of data concepts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Data Refinement:
- Analyze data sets using data and visualization tools
- Compile and verify data utilized for periodic scheduled reporting
- Develop an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems
- Business Discovery:
- Complete root cause defect analysis of monthly delivery process.
- Independently translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to prescribed business inquiries
- Perform consistent data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations regarding data sparsity and quality.
- Data Visualization:
- Operationalize and automates well defined simple data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Assists in the development of key performance indicators.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 1 year of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 3 years of relevant Business Intelligence & Analytics experience required.
Licensing or Certificates
- Business Intelligence certification preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Qlikview development experience for several years supporting Dashboard development.
- Qlikview design experience especially with four tier architecture.
- QlikSense experience a plus.
- Experience with creating SQL for queries to be used in reporting.
- Relational database experience.
- Can fine tune queries for performance.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and data relationships.
- Microsoft SQLServer experience a plus.
- Knowledge of other data formats including:
- Txt files
- Knowledge of Agile practices.
- Writing User Stories and Features.
- Planning Iterations and Releases.
- Scrum and Kanban principles.
- Previous experience with Rally a plus.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate and provide direction to remote Off Shore teams.
- Works well within remote teams an.
- Experience working with end users and developing requirements.
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities
- Provides manager with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to effectively evaluate and estimate routine tasks with clear precedent.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.