Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDesigns and oversees delivery of Risk Control services to assigned accounts country-wide. Has the ability to market and sell Risk Control services in new business presentations and to existing clients. Manages account budgets while responding to customer needs. Understands exposures and controls by class of business and can effectivley communicate information to underwriting. This role reports to the Risk Control Director National Accounts. The reporting office will be Chicago and will include frequent visits there to collaborate with internal business partners.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with clients on strategies for identifying hazards, evaluating existing controls and coordinating the delivery of Risk Control services that will assist them in their efforts to reduce or prevent losses.
- Analyze losses to identify trends and ensure the comprehensive plan addresses the loss leaders while being delivered using the appropriate resources.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations to achieve appropriate balance between service and cost.
- Influence clients to ensure commitment to service plan and implementation of recommendations.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with underwriting, brokers, claim and the Risk Control service teams assigned to the account.
- Write technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years' in safety, claim, risk management, military or related fields required.
- Valid driver's license required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM) preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.