Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryNo Prior Insurance Experience Needed!
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life starting day one as well as 401K with company match, pension plan and paid time off.
In Richardson, TX Hiring for M-F 11 AM - 8 PM (CST), as well as 1 Saturday every 4 weeks and 1 Sunday every 8 weeks. 12 weeks of paid training.
In Knoxville, TN Hiring for M-F 10 AM - 7 PM (EST), as well as 1 Saturday every 4 weeks and 1 Sunday every 8 weeks. 12 weeks of paid training.
This entry level Inside Sales Representative is specialized in providing information about our products in an easy and understandable way, as well as making recommendations on a product that best suits each individual. Our collaborative work environment allows for all of our Inside Sales Representatives to continuously develop themselves further in order to provide the absolute best customer service possible. In this role you will gain an understanding of our Personal Insurance products through our comprehensive training program making you an expert in Travelers Personal Insurance. In this role sales representatives need to have a relentless desire to succeed in their career and are motivated to help our customers find the plan they feel most comfortable with. With competitive compensation, great benefits starting day one and our driven sales teams, we know that Travelers can help you accomplish this conquest for a fulfilling career. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops working product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available insurance products.
- Learns to solicit all information necessary to produce quotes and close sales.
- Learns to develop underwriting exposures and make pricing decisions or recommendations to Underwriter (as appropriate).
- Learns to represent Travelers in a positive manner while building customer rapport.
- Develops basic telemarketing, sales and systems skills, build knowledge of underwriting criteria and guidelines, and increase product knowledge.
- Takes inbound and make outbound calls as they relate to the Direct Sales marketing channel. Understands the Travelers sales work flow and areas of focus to add customer value.
- Learning to demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify customer problems or objections.
- Learning to handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and value to the consumer, based on developing working product knowledge.
- Achieves and maintains the minimum required quality and underwriting metrics while consistently striving to improve.
- Receives and implements constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Prior call center experience preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Personal Insurance Products preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good computer keyboard skills.
- Developing system navigation skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Travelers is committed to a positive customer experience that exceeds expectations and to meeting all compliance requirements. As a result, Travelers requires that all Sales Counselors/Consultants/Coverage Specialists obtain and maintain an insurance license (either Property and Casualty or Personal Lines) in your resident state.
- In addition, a nonresident license is required for each state in which incumbent will be conducting business. Each state will evaluate any/all criminal and financial background incidents to determine license eligibility. Applicants with a felony conviction or pending/unresolved court cases may not qualify for licenses in all required states.
- It is incumbents' responsibility to provide any/all required court documents needed to obtain your license(s). Travelers does not pay for and/or reimburse the cost or time needed to obtain any documents necessary to complete licensing applications.
- Failure to obtain any required licenses within six (6) months from date of hire may result in termination of employment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge:
- Basic sales skills or aptitude.
- Strong math and problem solving skills.
- Customer service:
- Able to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment.
- Able to demonstrate positive and professional demeanor.
- Communication skills:
- Problem solving and decision making:
- Basic ability to make wise decisions quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Able to demonstrate decisive judgment, resiliency and integrity.
- Desire to succeed with proven track record of success.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.