For more than 90 years, The Church Insurance Companies* (CIC) has focused on providing the Episcopal Church with broad, cost-effective property and casualty coverage, as well as unique risk management strategies and tools. This team takes a disciplined, financially sustainable, and hands-on approach. Based in Bennington, Vermont, CIC provides protection to 90% of Episcopal churches and to 95 of 101 dioceses. CIC is currently seeking a telecommuting Client Representative who will provide information, service and assistance to member churches and their organizations, policyholders, field personnel and various inter-company departments. They are responsible for assisting in or performing the following duties: servicing current accounts; cross-selling other Church Insurance Agency products to current accounts; processing renewals and renewal reviews. New requests are received via our Call Center, e-mail, and electronic mail.
The Client Representative provides information, service and assistance to member churches and their organizations, policyholders, field personnel and various inter-company departments. He/she is responsible for assisting in or performing the following duties: servicing current accounts; cross-selling other Church Insurance Agency products to current accounts; processing renewals and renewal reviews. New requests are received via our Call Center, e-mail, and electronic mail.
* Collectively, The Church Insurance Agency Corporation, The Church Insurance Company, and The Church Insurance Company of Vermont.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to work independently in a home based environment.
- Understanding of and ability to operate the various systems under which client and policy information is stored, underwriting and/or accounting information is secured and how to input corrections, changes, etc.
- Basic knowledge of the organizational structure and functional responsibilities of the department, inter-related departments, field organization and workflow procedures.
- Some knowledge and understanding of underwriting terminology, guidelines and procedures; along with a basic knowledge of insurance products, policies and coverages.
- Ability to use judgment in application of various criteria and procedures, the identification and investigation of discrepancies, the resolution of problems and the expeditious processing of all transactions.
- Ability to understand the need to achieve team goals in a customer-focused environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to soothe an angry customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Correspond with member churches and their organizations, policyholders, field personnel and other company departments regarding insurance coverage, policy changes, rating, billing procedures, premium payments and any other policy status issues including cancellations, suspensions, and reinstatements of coverage.
- Determine necessary course of action for each call, including possible re-direction of the call to another company area or some other party or organization.
- Utilize underwriting and accounting information on the policy system(s) to obtain necessary information to answer questions and provide information to caller.
- Initiate changes, corrections, or other necessary action on system; referring issues that cannot be handled within delegated level of authority to superior or other appropriate management.
- Document all policy-related activity on the system(s) and maintain accurate records of all referrals.
- Develop or assist in developing underwriting details to produce formal new and renewal proposals for prospects or clients.
- Review policies or endorsements received from companies.
- Inform regional field representatives (VP, Sales) of lapses and premium payment problems or clients possibly seeking to insure with other companies.
- Cross-sell or assist in cross-selling other Church Insurance Agency products to current accounts.
- Contact or assist in contacting previous customers with regard to returning to Church Insurance Agency for their insurance needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management, customers and employees from other departments.
- Assist with other department administrative and processing tasks as requested.
- Provide assistance and training to others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ previous experience in a field structured organization related to the insurance industry, preferably with commercial lines experience.
- Applicable state resident and non-resident agent license or obtain a license in a time frame established by the supervisor and the incumbent.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Call Center environment preferred.
- AA or AS or a combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive use of computer keyboard and telephone headset.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Home Office Environment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Please understand that, as a general policy, CPG does not sponsor visas.
EOE: Minorities/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation
If you are a CPG employee, please use your CPG email address when creating your profile to apply.