Business Development Director - Disability & Absence Management
Under direction from SVP-Business Development, National Sales Director, or Business Unit Head, generates leads, conducts sales calls, prepares proposals and makes formal presentations to potential national account clients in the insured and self-insured casualty insurance or corporate market; leads may be generated through client direct marketing or through agent/broker of insurance carrier distribution network.Responsibilities
- Develops strategic sales plans and procedures for designated territory.
- Coordinates with Client Services and Legal Services on all aspects of contract execution.
- Facilitates coordination with IT to develop plans which meet client service standards and reporting needs. Communicates criteria to ensure data quality and reliability and plans procedures to be used for audits.
- Consults with operations management, if necessary, to plan workflow at the branch level for optimum data reliability and client satisfaction.
- Meets or exceeds designated revenue targets and manages expenses to budget goals.
- Coordinates post sale activities by facilitating the implementation process and hand off to client services for client program management.
- Facilitates cross marketing strategies with other company entities and manages product and process improvements that are related to the strategy.
- Coordinates RFP activity collaborating with Proposal Unit and all operational functions from proposal development to close of sale.
- In coordination with Claim Operations and Crawford University, defines special training if needed as a result of client specific requirements agreed to in the proposal.
- Collaborates with appropriate Finance Division personnel on client pricing and financial issues.
- Remains current and aware of market trends, competitive practices and customer needs.
- Represents the corporation at conferences and seminars.
- Attends industry functions and upholds professional image of the corporation.
- Upholds Crawford & Company Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Continues to improve sales skills through courses and seminars.
- Participates in special projects when requested.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with risk Management TPA and insurance sales and services as well as managing, supervising or delivering the services required by the client.
This position requires frequent travel; additional sales training may be required from time to time.
- Excellent knowledge of TPA industry products and services, general insurance and risk management principles, terminology and practices.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills with ability to manage high levels of stress in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating techniques and sales closing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Very good organizational ability.
- Good personal computer skills and understanding of databases.
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.