Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe position reports to the Vice President, National Accounts and is responsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies for Travelers' claim management services; initiating and developing effective sales relationships with prospects, distribution resources, risk managers and internal colleagues in National Accounts, Claim, Risk Control and Operations. The Sales Executive is the lead for obtaining new business prospects, screening for opportunity, driving the quote and sales strategy process, and closing the deal within an assigned territory to contribute to the profitable growth of Constitution State Services (CSS). This job does not manage others This job works under General Supervision: Incumbent independently performs a variety of duties, including potentially complex duties within established policy guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments (e.g. assigned customers, claims or other specified set of responsibilities); is expected to set priorities and meet specific goals and objectives of the function or unit. (Typically pertains to advanced/operational, senior professional, unit supervisor)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and identify a pipeline of prospects and qualify new business opportunities for claims management services and associated service offerings. This role will create a managed prospects list and will be focused on growing new CSS business opportunities for an assigned territory.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with providers of RFPs including brokers, agents, consultants, self-insured clients, and where the opportunity exists directly with Risk Managers.
- Accountable for getting qualified new opportunities for new business through the RFP process. Prepare quotes and proposals; make compelling presentations to clients and prospects; effectively negotiate with clients and secure an executed claim service agreement/contract.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (Claim, Risk Control, National Accounts, Operations, etc.) to ensure delivery of all related services and a smooth and timely service transition for the client. Jointly responsible for overall service and will intervene as necessary to ensure commitments are fulfilled.
- Perform all functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience working with a Third Party Administrator or 5 years of brokerage experience placing business with Third Party Administrators.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years' sales experience with a TPA service company, including comprehensive knowledge of industry practices and company operations and distribution channels.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills and style: Strong verbal, written, presentation, and listening skills.
- Business Knowledge - Clearly demonstrates knowledge of the TPA services, industry and operations. Understands products, financials, objectives and service requirements. Strong knowledge of competitive market conditions.
- Confident and has solid sales, influencing and negotiation skills to close a sale. Successful track record of achieving new business targets.
- Is driven and takes the initiative to recognize opportunities to penetrate new market, takes advantage of all important opportunities to increase market share and takes intelligent risks.
- Demonstrates marketing skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals.
- Works effectively with all levels and can easily develop, build and maintain internal and external relationships. Develops strong coalitions and networks.
- Identifies customers' needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and has proven time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues, concerns and problems. Makes sound business decisions and takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and commitment to doing the right things.
- Experience using various automation tools and systems to effectively support distribution system management and a willingness to learn and use new technology.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
- Operates standard office equipment - Continuously
- Sitting (Can stand at will) - Frequently
- Standing - Occasionally
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Frequently Driving - Occasionally
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.