Insurance Filing Analyst
NJM’s Personal Lines Division (PL) has an opening for an Insurance Filing Analyst with its PL Compliance and Filing Services Team. This West Trenton, NJ based position (NJM official title - Policy Analyst), will analyze all aspects of state filing requirements and prepare deliverables for PL submissions to state departments of insurance.
- Research, compose and format Rate, Rule and Form filings for submission to multiple state departments of insurance.
- Monitor filing progress, state objections and approvals.
- Communicate filing status to stakeholders.
- Perform reviews of insurance regulation checklists for compliance with state requirements.
- Assist in new product research, development and format.
- Track industry developments and trends in insurance products and coverages.
- Prepare explanatory communications for management and staff.
- Maintain business decision log, master rule manuals and form portfolios.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years’ experience in multiple state filings
- Demonstrated expertise in SERFF, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient in reading, interpreting and comparing insurance bulletins, circulars, rules and forms
- Detail oriented with solid analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated evidence of strong peer to peer relationship building
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- 5+ years’ experience in related Personal Lines Property/Casualty Insurance field
- Experienced in using ISO.net and analyzing ISO Policy Program Forms and Rules
- Licensed Property/Casualty Insurance Producer
- Microsoft Power Point and Visio experience a plus