Commercial Lines Sales Director
About the Role
A newly created position, the Commercial Lines Sales Director is an opportunity to build a new sales force for an established boutique insurance agency that is in hyper growth mode. The firm has a national platform that exclusively caters to non-profits and social services. An agency with niche feel and a special sales leadership component offers you a lot of room to be creative and entrepreneurial that helps the brokerage achieve its goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
25% Individual Sales: Personal production is a component of your responsibilities. It helps supplement your compensation. It drives market expansion into new areas. It leads by example to your team of salespeople. It pushes the agency upmarket into large accounts ($50k+ revenue).
75% Sales Management: Coach and mentor a team of 7-8 commercial insurance producers. Monitor performance metrics. Ensure an effective recruiting, hiring and training process. Create a team-based culture. Help with co-selling, sales presentations and closing new business. Liaise with the marketing department to ensure optimal placement opportunities.
Skills & Experience
One of two career paths can be considered for this role:
- Successful experience as a Commercial Insurance Producer with a desire to step into sales leadership
- Successful experience as a Commercial Insurance Sales Manager at a retail agency with the desire to also maintain a personal production component
Commercial P&C expertise is required; non-profit/social services exposure is helpful but not required.
- This position requires someone who is comfortable selling while also managing other producers.
- This position requires someone who is comfortable being a role model who can model and teach sales behaviors (planning, cold calling, presentations and closing).
- Location: This position has location flexibility. Your direct reports will be located in various parts of the central US and East Coast.
Compensation & Perks
$150k-$250k a combination of salary and variable comp based on individual sales and team performance.