Field Sales Leader - Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has a great opportunity in the Asheville, NC, area. The Field Sales Leader will support Allstate agencies and is responsible for owning the market to which they are assigned and achieving Allstate business objectives - which include but are not limited to - ensuring strategic, long-term profitable growth and increased market share. This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to a strategic business plan for the market
- As the Allstate Representative, consulting with Exclusive Agencies (EAs) and Exclusive Financial Specialists (EFSs) to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on agency operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate access to Allstate resources (e.g. Agency Process Specialist) as requested
- Communicating Allstate messages to EAs and EFSs, apply the message to the agency-specific business model, and assisting EAs and EFSs, as requested, to create an action plan to adjust operations accordingly
- Prospecting for, assessing and recruiting agency candidates in accordance with the market deployment strategy
The FSL travels to agencies and consults and provides advice on-site in order to achieve goals. This is a mobile position and the market will be Western North Carolina.
This individual is responsible for the following:
Driving and Tracking Agency Results (20%)
- Consults with agencies to drive results in order to meet the market production plan
Business Planning (~20%)
- Creates a short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans, as requested
- Collaborates with EAs and EFSs to assist with creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic business plans, periodically reviews and suggests adjustments as necessary to achieve results
- Acts as a Strategic Business Advisor to EAs and EFSs in order to achieve short & long term business objectives
- Listens to EA primary aims, business goals, and challenges
- Suggests appropriate marketing programs and processes
- Uses financial modeling to provide advice on creating a business case for key investments with EA
- Consults on agency staffing models
- Identifies operational issues within agencies, recommends solutions and opportunities and assists in producing an action plan for resolution
- Monitors agency results to the plan, communicates impact to agency and consults with EA and recommends adjustments where appropriate
Communication & Relationship Management (~15%)
- Acts as an ambassador for Allstate with the agencies, and take ownership of Allstate messages
- Communicates Allstate messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure, and Allstate news
- Customizes messaging for the specific agency, assesses the implications, and suggests necessary actions
- Works with the Strategic Deployment Leader (SDL) to determine strategic deployment opportunities
- Prospects for candidates, and sells them on the Allstate value proposition
- Interviews candidates to determine aptitude and financial viability, and makes recommendations on appointments
- Works with new candidates on business planning and establishing their agency
Process Support (10%)
- Identifies needs for processes necessary to drive successful business practices in a new agency
- Coordinates with SAL and APS-G to ensure successful and timely installation of needed processes as requested
Financial Services Supervision (~5%)
- As delegated by the Regional Financial Services Leader (RFSL), performs those duties, as set forth in the AFS, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures, of a Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) within a market
- Provides day-to-day securities supervision of registered representatives (EAs) to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other broker/dealer requirements (excludes Series 7 activity unless designated by the RFSL).
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years business experience in a leadership role
- Sales Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Designated Supervisory Principal
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Business planning skills - financial modeling and cash flow projections
- Business consulting skills - strategy formulation, problem solving, and change management
- Analytical skills ability to assemble information, analyze data and deliver insights e.g. making market projections from trends and conditions
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
- Recruiting skills - Knowledge of candidate prospecting techniques, candidate development, deployment models, process installation, and education techniques
- Industry & Company Expertise - In-depth knowledge of the Allstate business model, products and processes (including pricing, claims, market planning etc.)
IT Skills - Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Organizational and process management skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- Series 6, 26, 63, 51 or equivalent
- P&C, Life and Health Licensed in state of residence
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.