Agency Engagement Commercial Sales Manager - West Region
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Agency Engagement Lead Consultant performs and coordinates direct agent interactions, including training and education aimed at effective delivery and communication of the Ivantage agency value proposition. The role is responsible for partnering with regional leadership and internal Ivantage teams to ensure identification and development of a broad range of meaningful solutions.
*This position will be supporting the Northwest and California Region*
- Demonstrates an expert level understanding of all existing programs, products and processes to conduct agent training/education
- Clearly understands agent compensation as it relates to solutions made available through Ivantage
- Proactively evaluates procedures and processes and regularly determines/recommends alternatives or improvements
- Exercises knowledge of carrier service level agreements and adherence to those agreements
- Promotes products that drive sales to existing and new Allstate customers through expanded market solutions via outbound phone calls and agency visits
- Coordinates and recommends Ivantage agent regional communication strategies
- Recommends steps to optimize agency value proposition and present recommendations to Agency Engagement Director
- Attends New Agent Fairs to help drive awareness of Ivantage products and solutions
- Proactively identifies sales trends for assigned regions and provides timely feedback/action steps to management supporting/recommending results
- Co-leads regional sales calls; recommends actions to drive sales
- Can effectively and independently manage assigned sales territory and prioritize agency engagement efforts
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are moderate to high complexity and or large scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables cross-functionally
- Formulates strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Tracks and analyzes program/project plan performance
- Communicates and presents project information to project team
- Coordinates/evaluates project controls by all impacted AORs
- Assists in determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments from various AORs
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Participates in costs benefit analysis
- Provides feedback on project team member(s) that contributes to performance management
- Secures approvals and monitors program, policy, and procedure progress
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Evaluates current results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and recommends action through tracking expense plan performance
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes of moderate complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
- Actively manages project related expenses
Program and Process Design/Improvement
- Leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes up to moderate complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Solicits inputs from key stakeholders
- Establishes, evaluates and analyzes procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
Program Management Support
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by leading new/complex changes to sales programs by providing expertise in their respective discipline (s)
- Plans and coordinates the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects to regions/field
- Anticipates and makes observations on market specific implications of business strategies
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
Research and Analysis
- Advanced knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Identifies and resolves moderate to complex data issues
- Analyzes data and review analysis from others
- Performs and evaluates moderate to complex trend analysis
- Determines appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Trains/coaches team members or peers
- Actively shares expertise with peers
Program & Process Communication
- Creates, manages, facilitates, monitors and measures all internal and external communication events and vehicles
- Develops presentations and speeches for officer and/or senior leadership
- Acts as communication and/or education liaison to other corporate departments (e.g. Corporate Relations, Education Design & Delivery, Marketing, etc.) and speeches for officer or senior leadership
- Identifies, develops, facilitates/conducts and evaluates all sales, product, technology, licensing, compliance and agency education programs/needs
- Maintains communications between regions/territories on all matters pertaining to agent/agency and sales leadership education and development programs
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned
- 7+ years of industry experience preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development of sales processes within their respective discipline(s)
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of sales processes, policies, and procedures or other business/technical fields
- Leverages awareness and knowledge of current industry standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert and consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from an internal perspective
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment