Underwriter - Garage - Transportation
Florida based Wholesale Broker searching for an experienced and energetic Garage/Transportation Underwriter with strong technical skills to join our Team. Must have E&S experience and proven experience outside of Florida.
This Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and marketing Transportation related accounts in Florida, Texas, North Carolina and other states for various carrier partners.
In addition to developing new business and selecting advantageous risks to build a profitable portfolio of accounts, the Underwriter will be expected to generate a profitable revenue stream along with developing and maintaining relationships with retail agents and insurance carrier personnel.
Required skills include analyzing information from applications, supplemental reports, studies and data to determine if a risk meets acceptable criteria and make decisions about issuance and appropriate premiums. Multi-state experience preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new business and retain existing accounts.
- Evaluate applications for coverage and use special carrier guidelines & special programs to determine suitable carriers for the risk.
- Rate & apply credits/debits for qualifying risks.
- Monitor key metrics to formulate corrective action impacting new business hit ratios, renewal retention, premium growth and loss ratios.
- Determine appropriate terms, premium fees & taxes as applicable to the carrier.
- Review and revise, amend or re-quote when necessary.
- Follow-up with agents to secure quotes and any other servicing needs.
- Market products & services to agents to increase production.
- Visit agents and make sales presentations about products & services.
- Must be able to make good underwriting decisions, document those decisions & monitor loss ratios for positive results and within carrier standards.
- Represent Company at industry events, trade shows, training sessions.
- Must possess 2-20 & 1-20 Insurance Licenses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of success in underwriting & marketing of accounts in multi states.
- Demonstrated E&S experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication required.
- Demonstrated experience in sales & marketing.
- Computer literacy with immediate level knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Explorer and insurance job-related software i.e., AIM & Image Right. Must be able to use Company Management Software and work with Carrier proprietary programs.
- Attention to detail & commitment to quality.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Effective time management skills, ability to work with deadlines and a sense of urgency for completion and reaching results.
- Willingness and ability to travel, sometimes overnight.
Apply for Underwriter - Garage - Transportation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly