Agency Sales Manager - San Antonio, Texas Area
Responsible for managing the sales & distribution of the company's products in an assigned territory. Prospecting for and appointing new agent producers, training & development.
- Up to 3 years sales experience
- Business/Technical Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous Property & Casualty experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Non-Standard Auto business and competitors helpful.
- Knowledge of agency automation tools and strategies helpful.
KSA’s (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively present (both written and verbal) ideas to all parties, both internal and external.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Teamwork: Develop and maintain effective relationships with all business partners.
- Ownership: Demonstrate accountability for the assigned territory by being innovative and identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement in results.
- Self-directed: Ability to work with little supervision or oversight.
- Customer Focus: Is easily accessible to customers and maintains regular contact with assigned agents.
- Ability to travel to other states for marketing initiatives when needed.
Responsible for managing the sales and distribution of the company’s products in an assigned state or territory. Duties include prospecting for and appointing new agent producers, training and development of agents, and profitable management of a book of business. Duties also include agency management of existing agency distribution force including meeting specific production and profit goals.
- Identifies opportunities and potential challenges within territory and work with team members to develop and implement strategies and initiatives to obtain objectives.
- Demonstrate understanding of the key influences and decision-making processes of the company.
- Plan each day/route to maximize outcome by using all available tools. Ensures that plan aligns with strategic priorities.
- Develop a strong distribution network utilizing the independent agency system.
- Demonstrate willingness to proactively address current and potential challenges and opportunities.
- Manage an agency force and meet production, loss ratio and marketing goals for assigned territory.
- Coordinate action plans with team members and key stakeholders. Use data to assist in identifying and qualifying sales opportunities. Analyze and troubleshoot issues and suggest appropriate next steps.
- Provide pertinent competitive field intelligence in a timely manner to all constituencies. (Business Development/Product)
- Plan, organize and execute successful sales calls using the prescribed formalized sales method.
- Complete sales reports as assigned in a timely manner.
- Develop a strong distribution network utilizing the independent agency network
- Become proficient in agency training on MendotaMax
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Note: The above description is intended to describe the basic duties and requirements of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills. You may be asked to perform tasks outside of your usual duties in support of the overall objectives of the organization.
Apply for Agency Sales Manager - San Antonio, Texas Area
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly