Territory Underwriter - Commercial
We are looking for a Territory Underwriter to manage the Montana region. Location is flexible as this is a word from home position - can be based in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, or Washington.
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALL) is a specialty property and casualty insurer focused on niche commercial and personal lines coverages. Through various business units Hallmark distributes a diverse and balanced portfolio of specialty products to our target customers through either wholesale or retail channels.
Hallmark knows that our most valuable resource is our people and that our growth and success depends on the strength of our team. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
This position will report to the Vice President of Underwriting in our Commercial Insurance Services (CIS) division. CIS is the standard line property and casualty division of Hallmark that works directly with retail agents. As a territory underwriter you main objectives are to profitably grow an existing book of business, have strong agency relationships and provide outstanding customer service.
The lines of business the position will underwrite includes the following:
- Commercial Property
- General Liability
- Inland Marine
- EPLI and Crime
- Commercial Business Owners Policy (BOP).
The classes of business the position will underwrite includes the following:
- Professional Services
- General Business Services
- Real Estate
- Automobile Services
- Examine documents such as applications, inspection reports, supplemental applications, financial reports, motor vehicle reports and past loss experience to determine business operations, degree of risk, and risk acceptability.
- Determine supporting coverage terms, limits and pricing based on analysis of business operations and risk characteristics.
- Work within specific authority level to quote, accept, decline, modify and renew risks within territorial assignment in accordance with accepted underwriting guidelines.
- Determine and place reinsurance when required for high exposures.
- Proactive ownership of territory to ensure long term profitability. Including agency management, portfolio management and providing insight for strategy changes.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with agencies. Travel is required to meet with agents to strengthen relationships, generate new business opportunities and maintain the existing book of business.
- Four or more years of relevant underwriting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Established territory agency relationships preferred
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and presentation abilities with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to independently manage priorities
- Exceptional attention to details
- Customer service oriented
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Insurance related course work
Apply for Territory Underwriter - Commercial
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly