Territory Sales Manager
Responsible for driving sales results to accomplish quantifiable profitable growth in the assigned territory. Works collaboratively with partners to prioritize sales initiatives. Maintains awareness and takes action on market trends including competitors’ performance. This position will require significant travel in the field managing agency performance and prospecting for new agents. Overnight travel may be required.
- Prospects new agent relationships and grows existing relationships in the assigned territory through face-to-face visits, phone calls, and email. Delivers sales presentations to potential agencies and principals.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine business growth potential.
- Develops, or participates with the Senior Staff, in the development of the Strategic Sales Plan for assigned territory.
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with all customers of the Company.
- Trains agents on company underwriting guidelines, procedures, programs, website, and web rater. Educates agency on who to contact with questions. Develops strong agency relationships. Matches the agency to the products offered. Obtains commitment from the agency which coincides with the plan.
- Negotiates and monitors yearly new business commitments.
- Identifies training/product information needs in agencies and conducts training sessions as appropriate.
- Participates in rate reviews and product development projects.
- Gathers competitive intelligence, analyzes the Company’s position and recommends action.
- Documents agency visits to provide an accurate snapshot of the relationship. Completes timely update of entries and reports, submission of qualified new agency appointments with all required documentation, timely and detailed submission of regular call reports and proper documentation for agency terminations.
- Leverage subject matter expertise from the functional areas to identify cost and trend drivers and recommend potential solutions.
- Monitor the performance of markets (revenue, profit and membership) and adapt priorities accordingly.
- Reports essential product information, changes, or adjustments needed, including agent feedback, to the appropriate internal partners.
- Attends and participates in industry related classes to stay up-to-date on trends and industry changes.
- Monitors and communicates the activities (such as filings and products) of the competition to appropriate internal partners. Promotes the maximization of the organization's competitive position in the marketplace.
- Represents Company at agent functions and trade shows/conventions to promote product and organization.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Significant travel within assigned geographical region including extensive overnight stays may be required.
- Maintains the integrity of the company and products offered by complying with federal and state regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4-40, 2-20 or 20-44 PL Licensure preferred but not required; insurance designation/certification encouraged.
- property and casualty marketing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of insurance operations: claims, products and underwriting preferred
- Knowledge of departmental regulations and policies.
- Comfortable interpreting and relaying statistical data and product specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required; internet research tools preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service focus / superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact on a professional level with internal and external personnel.
- Resourceful and skilled in gaining consensus to solve problems.
- Results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and deadlines including working at a location remote from the Company’s home office.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; and manages changing priorities effectively.
- Collaborative partner; ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
Apply for Territory Sales Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly