If you see the future of insurance where transformational change is opportunity, where you dont just break down data, you break through it, where technology inspires products and services to enrich the lives of customers, where failing fast is fast learning and the only way to view the competition is in the rear-view mirror Westfield Small Business is your future.
As Westfield builds a high performing business closely aligned with the needs of our customers, we will create a singular focus on Small Business success, enabling speed, agility and excellence.
Salary Range: $130,695 - $150,230 - $169,825
The Small Business Channel Strategy and Business Development Leader is responsible for developing and implementing the overall channel strategy for the Small Business segment. Leverages data, analytics, and market intelligence to evaluate channel performance and determine strategies to improve channel results. Identifies channel wide opportunities for maximizing profitable growth and increased capabilities including defining and leveraging segmentation and other strategies. Partners with the Digital leader to provide leading capabilities for agents and multi-channel capabilities aligned with the segment growth strategy. This role defines the sales culture for Small Business as well as the related sales operations best practices, performance indicators, and enabling processes and strategy, leading implementation across the territory management teams.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Develops and implements the overall channel strategy for the Small Business segment.
- Responsible for leveraging data, analytics, and market intelligence to evaluate channel performance and determine strategies to improve channel results. This includes utilizing target customer profiles, market information and performing competitive landscape analyses to identify expansion opportunities and develop/enhance existing channels for the segment.
- Identifies channel wide opportunities for maximizing profitable growth and increased capabilities including defining and leveraging segmentation and other strategies.
- Analyze agencies through a segmentation lens and defines agency relationship management strategies based on a performance/needs/type of risk perspective.
- Accountable for agency segmentation work for Small Business agency relationships (e.g., agency models, privately held, banks, aggregators, brokers). This includes the following:
- Creating segmentation for existing agencies and new prospecting needs.
- Evolving segmentation capabilities by collaborating with Marketing Strategy to integrate customer data into the efforts and to create plans for implementing the results.
- Building enterprise cross-functional agency views.
- Operationalizing the agency segmentation approach.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in channel strategy, customer segmentation, and/or go-to-market strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in property and casualty insurance with flow based business and/or sales operations.
- Experience in agent segmentation and strategic channel / partner management.
- Understanding of the marketplace and needs, including the ability to think externally and strategically.
- Understanding of data analytics and market research to develop actionable insights and drive business decisions.
- Experience with independent agent channel strategy development and management.
- Experience in multi-channel distribution for insurance.
- Experience thinking strategically and linking customer needs to products/services and distribution.
- Experience analyzing problems and developing innovation and proactive strategies for resolution.
- Experience diagnosing opportunities and building related solutions.
- Excellent collaboration skills including experience building effective relationships and influencing peers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, or Marketing OR commensurate experience.
- Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.