Sr Sales Consultant - Remote - West Coast & Texas
5 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
What is a Senior Sales Consultant at Assurant?
This individual will generate business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospects' position in the market place, developing and closing business opportunities, and researching and analyzing solutions. In this remote role, s/he will achieve sales objectives by identifying and pursuing market and niche opportunities marketing our Renters Insurance products and related services to property management companies and owners of multi-family housing. The position entails identifying, qualifying, contacting and scheduling initial consultations with targeted prospects, leading proposal development efforts, making sales presentations, and closing new business accounts, along with managing the subsequent contracting and implementation process. S/He will keep management informed of industry developments by monitoring competitive products and reaction from customers. The successful candidate will continue meeting targeted growth objectives driving our business to success.
Why You Should Consider This Role
You are a relationship builder
You love sending emails and closing deals at 30k feet in the air
You have an innate ability to solve problems for your clients
You treat others with dignity and respect while driving business deliverables
You are a go-getter
Youve got that can-do attitude
You believe in helping to protect what matters most
Persistence is your middle name
You go above and beyond in your role because you want to, not because you have to
What You Will Like
The people we care
The diversity - every day is different
The excitement we focus on What Matters Most to our customers
The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- Generate sales by cold calling and cultivating relationships and bring in new accounts by identifying customer needs, participating in the development of client plans and introducing new products and services.
- Influence prospects to partner with Assurant to offer our products and services by controlling the sales process and identifying and pursuing market opportunities.
- Enhance relationships with clients by providing support, guidance, and innovative ideas to differentiate from competition.
- Attend industry events/shows.
- Research and recommend new opportunities and profit/service improvements.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the industries affecting the business.
- Understand financial trends and fluctuations with assigned clients and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to clients and internal business team.
- Develop sales strategies and execute account plans in support of goals/objectives.
- Assist in product development by providing client insights into wants and needs for their consumers.
LOCATIONS: West Coast and Texas
NOTE: This position requires 60-70% travel-working remotely with the ability to travel throughout the territory.
- Minimum Associate Degree; Preferred Bachelors degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling to, growing, and managing key accounts, as well as a successful track record of exceeding sales quota.
- Recent "New" business development experience in bringing in new accounts.
- Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective negotiation and closing techniques to secure profitable business.
- Ability to demonstrate an immediate, positive impact on sales.
- Proficiency in MS Office.