Underwriter - Personal Lines (Sales Experience a Plus!)
Looking for an experienced and energetic Personal Lines . Underwriter with strong technical skills to join our Team. Must have E&S experience and be tech savvy. This position will be responsible for underwriting and marketing accounts in Florida and develop new business by selecting risks to build a profitable portfolio of accounts. Required skills also include analyzing information from applications, supplemental reports, studies and data to determine if a risk meets acceptable Carrier criteria and make decisions about issuance and appropriate premiums. Must be able to make good underwriting decisions with documentation, monitor loss ratios for positive results and within Carrier guidelines. Represent Company at industry events, trade shows, training sessions.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-20 License
- Demonstrated 5+ years of success in underwriting and marketing accounts
- Knowledge of current laws, guidelines, evaluation methods related to Personal Lines.
- Ability to successfully interact with agents and Carriers to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Immediate level computer literacy with working knowledge of ImageRight, AIM and other job-related software.
- Strong oral and written communication. Ability to write business correspondence.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Commitment to detail and to quality.
- Proven Team player.
- Willingness and ability to travel for agency visits, industry functions, sometimes overnight.l