Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Accountant!
The Associate Accountant ensures and provides accurate and timely financial information to support Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and the General Ledger teams. Position will cultivate a continuous improvement culture and will participate in ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced Accounts Receivable environment. The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Accounts Receivable strategy and execution by applying their knowledge and experience.
- Analysis of reports to ensure invoices have correct accounting, units, sales amounts, device values and labor amounts are correct
- Assist in monitoring key performance indicators and report to supervisor as needed
- Prepare analysis of customer invoices and accounts, as requested.
- Support Financial System Analysts with complex reconciliations of invoicing by program to client profit share and gain share reports
- Prepare gain share reports by client with reconciliations to respective invoices
- Maintain and file all billing invoices and other applicable supporting documentation, i.e. sales order
- PO, Invoice details, Approvals and posting confirmations.
- Maintain summary file details timely and accurately
- Answer customer inquiries
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge of financial practices as needed to apply proper account coding
- Ability to work through detailed invoice data, while paying attention to details to recognize anomalies with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Ability to reconcile accounts to relevant supporting documentation
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel
- Focused to be able to follow documented processes each and every time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience