Sales Producer Relationship Manager - Commercial lines
Producer Relationship Manager
Commercial Lines - Sales
As a result of our recent regional multi-state expansion, NJM is seeking an insurance professional with significant experience and proven track record designing and managing a producer distribution and compensation program for a Commercial Lines P&C regional carrier. The Producer Relationship Manager will identify, recruit and grow independent agency engagement with new producers driving new business submissions to meet corporate growth targets. Responsible for onboarding producer firms, negotiating managing contracts and commission levels, monitoring compliance, accountability, and producer compensation, and managing agency business plans in order to achieve the required profitable growth objectives.
- Develops strategies to ensure the sales channel has the right balance of independent producers and new business opportunities aligned with preferred classes of business to meet corporate and department growth objectives.
- Responsible for producer identification, selection, interviews, contracting and on-boarding independent producers to expand distribution channel and geographic reach into all NJM licensed states.
- Monitors producer compensation program, commission adjustments and compliance. Demonstrates proficiency using distribution management system software for all contracting, compensation and reports. Handles producer inquires and terminations according to state regulations.
- Conducts producer presentations and education on commercial lines products and updates. Develops leadership reports and establishes yearly KPI’s for producer channel.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly effective negotiation skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrates computer software proficiency, including MS Office and distribution management software
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing a P&C producer distribution channel
• Leader in multi-million profitable premium growth year over year
• Producer contract language and appointment expertise
• Participates in industry organizations, reviews relevant publications and keeps abreast of market changes
Certifications or Licenses:
• CPCU, CIC or other insurance institute designations preferred
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.