SVP, Customer Experience
The SVP Customer Experience will be instrumental in helping to implement and drive a customer experience culture that brings to life Assurants brand promise and purpose and values. In this position, the leader will work with management to develop Assurants CX vision and roadmap, oversee the ongoing deployment of Assurants CX management model; development of a CX common toolkit and support the execution of critical initiatives to differentiate Assurants customer experience.
This is both a strategic and hands-on position requiring intensive experience in interpreting customer insights, process analysis, business analysis, process mapping and process improvement execution. As the leader of Assurants Customer Experience Center of Excellence, he/she will be responsible for advocating for the customer experience across Assurant and for coordinating initiatives across key lines of business to maintain a holistic approach. This role is responsible for defining high impact customer journeys, developing a measurement system, sharing CX best practices, and implementing CX process management disciplines.
This leader must have a relentless focus on innovative, strategic thinking and manage a team to provide actionable recommendations for various lines of business with a focus on the customer. Leader will help drive an outside-in mentality and leverage insights to establish key areas of focus for improved customer experience; drive focus, prioritization, execution and accountability.
Reports to the Chief Communication and Marketing Officer of Assurant.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and drive the enterprise customer experience vision, strategy, roadmap and execution.
- Develop the necessary capabilities in the CoE that will sustain cultural change in the organization.
- Serve as the Customer Experience thought leader and Change Agent/catalyst to initiate needed culture change within across the Enterprise.
- Sponsor key transformation projects to improve ease of doing business.
- Drive positive customer experiences that create client and consumer value and satisfaction, retention and growth, building on voice of the customer feedback, and qualitative and quantitative data.
- Implement Assurants CX management model across the enterprise to drive a common approach and process for driving operational efficiency across the customer lifecycle, and the work across the organization
- Champion and leverage sources such as voice of customer insights and analytics, emotional and behavioral research, and customer journey mapping, to fully understand our customers experience with us, while focusing daily on delivering value to the company, solving customer experience problems and realistically developing new opportunities.
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of CX experts to continually learn and leverage industry best practices, cultivate insights and drive customer / business value while leading and consulting on strategic CX initiatives throughout the company
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including but not limited to sales and marketing, product development, technology and operations to drive customer success.
- Work to establish baseline customer experiences and moments of truth; work cross-functionally to align and mobilize stakeholders around one view of the customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to affect change via people, policy and/or system changes with the end-customer in mind.
- Continually identify evolving customer needs, wants and the priorities customers place on them to help the organization continue to win today and stay ahead of the competition.
- Leverage data to identify key opportunities for improving the customer experience and build customer loyalty.
- Drive end-to-end implementation of change.
- Align key touch points with KPI measurements, for both traditional and new business models.
- Identify customer pain points and leveraging tools to drive short-term solutions and long-term roadmaps.
- 10-15 years business experience with 5+ years focused on the Customer Experience (CX), including leading and managing customer experience strategies, including but not limited to CX research, executing a Voice of the Customer program, journey mapping, stakeholder feedback and measurement program and analysis.
- Bachelors degree in related field, MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Financial Services industry experience preferable, including sales, operations, marketing.
Other Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of best practices for operational excellence and customer experience managementin both a B2B, B2B2C environments.
- Process improvement/change management experience: concrete examples of having identified problems and opportunities from a customer standpoint and proven results implementing solutions.
- Global experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and project management expertise with a successful track record of implementing customer experience and insights to drive and exceed business goals.
- Passionate customer advocate with an innate desire to build great experiences and drive an outside-in mentality.
- Ability to affect and drive organizational change as it relates to customer culture.
- Ability to establish clear outcomes aligned with strategy, manage to them, and effectively report on progress.
- Ability to manage multiple complex, high visibility or high impact projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) skills with ability to interact with all levels.
- Deep experience leading global, matrixed teams.
- Proven ability to drive innovative business solutions by instituting revolutionary strategic business solutions.
- Omni channel experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing change in a multi-channel B2B, B2B2C, B2C business.
- Developed and led improvement programs over multi-year period.
- Ability to work across functions in the organization to educate on the role each plays in the customer experience and inspiring them to collective action.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and build credibility with internal teams.
- Excellent facilitator with ability to align different functions toward a common goal.