Account Executive II
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key contacts within client organization at various levels.
- Provides accurate and timely responses to clients.
- Supports with introduction and implementation of opportunities that advance strategic solutions within the client.
- Reports quality issues upward for transparency and follow thru on resolution.
- Monitors service performance to ensure client commitments are satisfied.
- Communicates and meets regularly with senior representatives of client organization.
- Identifies, presents and (when agreement is obtained) manages implementation of new business opportunities and/or program enhancements for revenue growth and retention.
- Implements program enhancements that reduce expenses for Assurant.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of financial arrangements.
- Regularly monitors key business metrics and revenue goals to ensure they are being met and provide narratives to management.
- Prepares and conducts Business Reviews by coordinating, creating, and verifying all documentation and all other participation and logistical arrangements.
- Develops recommendations based on program performance through financial analysis, reports any problem areas and provides solutions and alternative recommendations to Client and/or Assurant.
- Advocates and manages change requirements for clients as specified by Assurant and the various supporting functional teams to comply with all business guidelines and state compliance and governed statutes.
- Ensures quality of business arrangement data from sales through set-up process and on-going changes to ensure agreed to business arrangement remains intact.
- Manages contracting and re-contracting process as required by AGA management and the assigned clients. This includes interacting with various levels (CFO, Chief Compliance Officer, Chief General Counsel, Actuarial, Country Managers, Sales Leaders) internally and within the client. This includes facilitating resolution of contractual issues.
- Understands the contractual arrangements for assigned clients to efficiently manage the business to the contractual terms and conditions.
- Assists Legal department with the drafting of contracts and addenda for assigned clients.
- Obtains proper approvals for all contracts and addenda.
The Account Executive is also responsible to understand the financial structure of each assigned client to contribute to managing the overall business performance. In addition, the Account Executive is responsible to adhere to Assurant Business Travel Expense Management.
Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of marketing, business or related experience.
- Is completely familiar with computer systems
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and written.
- Knowledgeable in all the duties of the AE positions.
- Must work effectively with a wide variety of company functions and individuals.
- Must perform work responsibilities in a timely manner and in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage large groups to drive results.
- Must maintain confidentiality when required to ensure access to and use of specific company and employee information is limited as required by Assurant and AGA management.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must perform effectively when changes in priorities, direction and resources occur.
- Must work well with direct and indirect management.
- Must be in alignment with the established Assurant and AGA goals/objectives.
- Must be approachable, open minded and respectful.
- This position may come in contact with protected information on an occasional or episodic basis. The nature of this job requires the review of specific protected information for the purposes of performing the accountabilities of this position.
- Recognizes and recommends areas needing improvement.
- Extensive knowledge of company products and services preferred
- Knowledge of Assurant, the AGA business and the VSC industry preferred