Sales Consultant - Greater Philadelphia
Allstate Benefits is one of Americas leading voluntary, supplemental benefit providers. Founded in 1956 as American Heritage Life Insurance Company and acquired by The Allstate Corporation in 1999, we have the strength of a nationally recognized and trusted brand behind our comprehensive and competitive product portfolio. Our Critical Illness, Accident, Cancer and Universal Life products are ranked #1 in the industry for Worksite Sales by LIMRA, plus we also offer disability income, hospital indemnity, vision and dental insurance. All products are underwritten by American Heritage Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation. Our home office is located in Jacksonville, Florida. More than 31,000 companies across the U.S. choose to put our products to work for them, protecting their most valuable asset their employees.
Allstate Benefit Sales build relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits in the voluntary market. The Sales Consultant is responsible for recruiting, training, educating, motivating and maintaining an organization to sell, service and conserve business in order to ensure growth and to meet sales objectives established for an assigned market within the region. This position reports to the Regional Director, Allstate Benefits as part of the North East Territory of the Broker Channel. The territory includes the Greater Philadelphia region.
- The principal areas of concentration include: recruiting new producers, training, growth objectives for assigned producers, sales production from Workplace and Individual products, achievement of premium growth objectives, and the servicing and conservation of insurance in force.
- The Sales Consultant will make qualified calls on groups with producers and provide enrollment support on a new producers first couple of accounts opened. The Sales Consultant provides training and on-going development of producers in assigned area in the region. Of equal concern is the on-going support and training of the Allstate agents and their support staff, and the development of the PPGA distribution channel in the assigned area.
- Receives direction from the Regional Director and is responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Workplace Sales Support, Underwriting, Policyholder Services, Premium Administration, Compliance, Commission Accounting, Home Office personnel, and Allstate Field Management.
- Stays current on sales and marketing techniques and changes in state and federal law that affect the Companys sales efforts and impact the insurance industry in general.
- The Sales Consultant is judged in the areas of both Allstate and PPGA production, new case count, re-enrollment production, recruiting new producers, electronic enrollments, leadership and administration in their assigned area.
Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop producers throughout assigned area in the region.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the producers and Home Office departments.
- Help analyze AWD markets and formulate recruiting programs, secure producers who will effectively produce quality premiums for AWD in its various markets.
- Work with producers to help bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Help implement and support the corporate strategy and 8-2-5 Marketing Plan.
- Help control and manage their own expenses to Company standards.
- Recommend termination of non-producers according to Company standards.
- Help implement and monitor procedures to improve persistency of business written in assigned area.
- Meet or exceed electronic enrollment goals.
- Advanced knowledge of individual and group insurance products, as well as payroll allotment and IRSC 125, and workplace/voluntary benefit experience.
- Sales, communication and relationship building skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recruitment and management of insurance sales force.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- Professional designations such as CLU and ChFC are desirable. If not completed, you should actively pursue completion of one of these designations
- Strong work ethic.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.