Regional Sales Manager - Florida Panhandle
- Career Level
Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. In 2017, Centauri was named a ‘Best Company to Work’ for in Florida, by Florida Trend Magazine. Our current staff of 40 tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders.
This is a crucial role within the Florida Sales Team is to expand the agency through profitable growth in market share, conduct market intelligence, and ensure quality personal relationships with the appointed agencies by performing the following duties from the Florida Panhandle through Ocala region.
Here’s an Overview of Your Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing a strategy that will support Centauri’s entrance in to a new market as well as enhancing Centauri’s presence in an emerging or established market.
- Responsible for working closely with the Director of Sales and VP, Sales and Agency Relations to develop annual sales goals and overall department budget. Responsible for identifying the sufficient number of agencies to support premium goals, as well as recruiting, appointing and training agencies.
- Responsible for agency distribution in a manner that supports spread of risk requirements as set forth by Centauri.
- Extensive and routine field travel to and from agent offices delivering monthly reports and offering additional training as needed.
- Responsible for the formation of quality personal relationships within all appointed agencies to ensure quality growth for Centauri as well as appointed agencies.
- Provides consistent performance feedback to appointed agencies in order to maximize Centauri’s business performance as well as that of the agency.
- Participates in the weekly sales meeting and occasionally coordinates/facilitates this meeting.
- Must develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Centauri’s underwriting guidelines, across all lines of insurance offered in the market.
- Responsible for regularly gathering competitor intelligence, allowing Centauri to maximize future product enhancements and innovative rate plans while ensuring Centauri’s role as a leader in the residential property marketplace.
- Responsible for establishing and executing agency training programs, both within agency offices and web-based.
- Acts as front-line contact person for agency questions and issue resolution.
- Maintains effective dialogue with industry leaders in our states through the Big I, PIA, Departments of insurance and other industry groups.
- Assists Director of Sales, VP of Sales and Agency Relations and other Centauri leaders in forging effective relationships with key state industry leaders as needed.
- Responsible for meeting all administrative requirements within prescribed deadlines.
- Ensures all weekly sales and expense reports are submitted within prescribed deadlines.
- Manages expenses within approved budgets.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package
- 90% company paid benefit-rich Health Coverage
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid time off
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- Corporate events
- Wellness Program with Fitness Reimbursement
- Company vehicle for business use
Successful Candidate must Possess:
- Experience and knowledge of Florida Panhandle region property & casualty market
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years of related experience and/or training
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work remotely with dedicated office space
- Clean driving record without travel restrictions
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record without travel restrictions
- Willing and able to travel 50-75% of the time
Skills You will Routinely Use:
- Analytical - Ability to apply concepts of basic math, including calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
- Problem Solving - Ability to apply common sense understanding and provide professional, responsive answers to complex issues and questions; must be able to execute on instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Teamwork – Able to work professionally and productively with internal team mates as well as vendors and business partners
- Workflow - High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Communication – Ability to speak and communicate effectively before groups, customers, vendors and employees of the company.
- Computer Applications – Minimum of intermediate level ability in Microsoft Office applications with a strong working knowledge of Excel. Experience with SalesForce.com and related database software, and contact management systems.
- The corporate office is based in Sarasota, Florida office.
- The successful candidate will work from their home office in an acceptable regional location.
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.