Sales Underwriter - Personal Lines
We are in search of a western MA Personal Lines (PL) Sales aka Field aka Production aka Agency aka Account Executive Underwriter to join our team. This is a remote position with expected in-state travel west of Worcester 2 days/week and remaining days at home office. Candidate must reside west of Worcester MA. Sponsorship is not a consideration at this time.
As PL Sales Underwriter for western MA territory you will drive profitable growth to the Personal Lines Strategic Business Unit within an assigned western MA Agency Partner base. You will cultivate, review and underwrite new and renewal policy accounts holding accountability to results of assigned territory; perform selection/rejection of insurance risks; recognize and analyze profit and growth opportunities, providing strategic insight to team/leadership; create and deploy strategies to leverage PMIC products/systems/rates to improve sales; develop and communicate product level competitive intelligence; and recognize and analyze Agency performance making recommendations to management for increased growth and/or profitability.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- completion of advanced professional designations, including, but not limited to CPCU, CIC, ARM, AU, API, etc
- 5+ years Underwriting experience; wide-ranging knowledge of Personal Lines products, Underwriting guidelines and philosophy for the state of Massachusetts
- skilled in areas of account planning, account selling and product strategies
- demonstrated ability to analyze and proactively respond to market needs and trends by recommending programs mutually beneficial and profitable to Agent and Company
- extensive relationship management experience; proven ability to manage conflict and drive sales
- trusted advisor to management, teams and agents while exemplifying highest standards of ethics and service
- valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively (estimated at 2 days/wk)
- reside in western MA (to Worcester border)
Preferred Mutual offers Company sponsored health insurance, including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage (on hire), HSA and FSA, base, bonus, superior performance bonus, 401(k) with company match, pension, vacation, short/long-term disability and life insurance.
Preferred Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.