Insurance Sales Marketing Specialist - Commercial
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
You will provide leadership and assistance with renewing accounts and successfully placing our new clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews marketing submissions for accuracy and completeness.
- Works with agents to market and place new policies for new or existing clients.
- Transitions accounts to the agency.
- Accompanies agents on client and prospect visits.
- Initiates the renewal process.
- Provides feedback on ratings and coverages, and other related matters.
- Works closely with underwriters to negotiate pricing and coverage.
- Reviews carrier quotes for accuracy and completeness.
- Compares and analyses quotes, and works with producers to make a determination on proposals.
- Prepares and finalizes the final proposals.
- Maintains and updates underwriting and marketing applications and files.
- Tracks and reports on marketing results.
- Facilitates marketing meetings with team members and agents, and contributes to strategy.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned above. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of three to five years of commercial insurance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Florida 220 Property and Casualty License Required.
- General understanding and/or demonstrated ability to effectively manage all phases project implementation and client relationships.
- Aptitude and/or utilization of analytics and business intelligence of competitive products.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly competitive environment.
- Strong presentation, organizational, interpersonal communication, and analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within assigned region.
- Knowledge of underwriting and product development of commercial property and casualty insurance products is a plus.
- Insurance designations such as AAI, CIC or CPCU.
- Sales experience of commercial insurance products also a plus.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports to: Commercial Insurance Manager
Position type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
- This company does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.