Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and respond to inbound customer calls.
- Answer and respond to walk in customers.
- Retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, negotiation, and policy review.
- Process customer payments and make alternate payment arrangements as needed.
- Process changes to customer policies.
- Respond to customer inquiries or problems and explain processing procedures.
- Process claims for customer insurance policies.
- Research and resolve customer complaints to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell or refer bank products and services.
- Quote or requote insurance policies for new or existing business.
- Prepares and/or assists with commercial proposals.
- Interface directly with insurance companies on all personal lines, new business, existing business, correspondence to underwriter and receiving office, and endorsement requests.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Achieve annual referral expectations for the Bank.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required.
- Valid Group Health Insurance License preferred
- 0 to 2 years of insurance customer service or sales preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills. A CSR requires strong listening skills to interpret customer needs and then communicate back in verbal and written format.
- Strong multitasking skills to coordinate and perform daily activities without compromising accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills to manage daily calls, claims and insurance computer processing.
- Intermediate computer skills utilizing spreadsheet, word processing, and insurance software preferred. (Use of Microsoft products is a plus).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Basic to intermediate math skills.
- Computer use up to 8 hours a day
- Lifting of weights up to 20lbs