Account Manager - Group Benefits (Carmel, IN)
Group Benefits Account Manager is responsible for managing group benefit accounts through all phases to include marketing, implementation, communication, eligibility, and ongoing service of accounts. Knowledge of fully-insured and self-insured products, alternative funding methods, and ancillary products is required.
- Service assigned group clients and prospective clients
- Assist the Dir. Of Benefits and Producers in gathering the necessary information regarding new/renewal accounts
- Review the renewal proposals received and make recommendations, suggestions to formalize the final proposal
- Coordinate your workflow with the Producer/Account Executive and the Department Manager
- Direct implementation, enrollment, and communication processes
- Educate members with making benefit selections and understanding plan designs
- Resolve all client problems swiftly and courteously
- File and maintain all client information in a timely manner
- Research premium billing and member claims questions
- Maintain awareness of new developments associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and help guide clients for compliance through education.
- Develop and maintain a positive and rapport with client and carriers
- Current Life & Health License
- College degree desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years group benefits industry experience preferred in an agency environment
- Possess skills necessary to communicate with clients, carriers and prospects concerning Group Benefits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain and organize electronic files on the company document management system
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organization skills with high attention to detail
- Responsive and self-motivated team player
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.