Consumer Associate Product Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Consumer Associate Product Manager
The PSID Innovation team generates value, deepens customer relationships and establishes a competitive advantage for Allstate through differentiation of new products / services that address unmet or emerging consumer needs. The team is responsible for building, testing and managing a pipeline of innovation opportunities that address consumer insights / needs and provide solutions that help make their lives easier. The team also coordinates all phases of new product / service development for non-insurance offerings including research, design, build, test and go-to-market launch execution and run the business
This position works with a team of digital product managers and cross-functional teams as Allstate looks to diversify its core offerings through the creation of differentiated products and services. The position will own phases of the front end of innovation for projects with medium to high complexity. The role operates in a matrixed, fast-paced and demanding environment; they actively contribute to and occasionally manage the various phases of new product / service development including research, design, test and go-to-market launch execution. This role operates in an undefined, ever evolving space and must be able to drive work forward with minimal oversight.
- Support ideation, prototyping, technical development, and launch innovative consumer-centric product features
- Partner with a cross functional team of designers, technologists to create epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Coordinate with product managers to prioritize stories and development teams to review story completion
- Understand Allstates strategic and competitive position to evolve the product roadmap with product team
- Leverage and integrate consumer research, usability studies, and market studies into product requirements to drive consumer delight
- Define, measure, and analyze key product success metrics
- Maximize efficiency in fast-paced, evolving environment and deliver creative solutions
- Bachelors degree required
- 2-3 years of consumer-focused Product Management, Product Design, Consulting, or related experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working in an Agile delivery group and managing sprint planning, backlog, stories, etc.
- Experience in solution architecture, technical design of complex mobile and web applications
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing regardless of audience designers, business stakeholders, technologists, users, etc.
- Must be able to guide the work of cross functional teams including design, technology, operations, and potentially other areas within Allstate
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Examples of work in developing products/features to consumer market
- Experience in startup environment or other entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Insurance industry sector knowledge a plus
Read more about our Innovation team on their blog: https://www.allstate.jobs/2017/09/12/innovation-at-allstate/
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.