Personal Lines Account Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Provide prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, producers and company personnel.
- Grow and develop talents and insurance knowledge to highest level possible.
- Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, selling and servicing personal lines accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all account transactions including applications, quotations, ID cards, proposals, summaries, endorsements, cancellations, certificates, binders, billing, follow-up and correspondence on assigned accounts in accordance with the Agency’s procedures and timelines.
- Service personal lines accounts in a manner that eliminates gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposure.
- Coordinate expirations so as to contact clients and obtain renewal information on assigned accounts in accordance with the Agency’s timelines and procedures.
- Prepare quotations, coverage summaries and comparisons, proposals and recommendations needed to insure clients and prospects understanding of coverage.
- If necessary, obtain information, deliver and/or present quotes to clients out of the office.
- Review new applications for underwriting acceptability, completion and accuracy.
- Review new business, renewals and endorsements to insure items were received as requested.
- Survey policy coverage and identify and work cross selling and upgrading opportunities.
- Actively work toward achieving assigned new business sales goals.
- Maintain client files on the agency management system(s) and use same for processing all transactions and to document conversations.
- Effectively utilize all carrier websites or programs required to quote or maintain policies for clients or prospects.
- Maintain an effective suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Participate in seminars and other training to maintain required licenses and to develop knowledge and skills.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as requested
- Minimum of three years’ experience in similar position; some knowledge of commercial and marine insurance would be helpful but not required. Must be licensed with a 2-20 in the State of Florida.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative, detail oriented, and creative with good communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written. Should have thorough understanding of personal lines underwriting and coverages.
- Must have thorough technical skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage time and set goals.