Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Reports to the Managing Director of Specialty Group Captives. Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business within an assigned territory that is consistent with overall business line objectives. In this senior level position, the incumbent is responsible for all the functions of an Account Executive and manage more difficult programs
Will also consider AE level candidates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
1) Support long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives for assigned location(s) through responsible marketing and sound underwriting.
2) Underwrite and price accounts and captive programs in support of strategic business planning activities designed to increase the presence of the business group in the market; retain the appropriate mix of business; and achieve overall growth and profit objectives.
3) Respond to underwriting and marketing strategies and standards by developing a marketing plan that reflects market competitive conditions and, at the same time, meets growth and profit goals.
4) Ensure that production and underwriting objectives with respect to profitability are achieved.
5) Marketing and underwriting responsibilities include but are not limited to: Meeting with agency program management and captive management personnel to maintain and develop positive and productive relationships. In this capacity, assure that our contractual commitments are met and negotiates programs of insurance. Represents the company and our underwriting strategy in the locations(s) to agent, program managers, captive managers, insureds, employees and the community. Working with other business units as appropriate to support market penetration objectives and seeks out cross-sell opportunity as appropriate.
6) Maintain the highest level of customer service.
7) Assist in the delivery of excellent account and program administration services.
8) Develop and maintain effective relations with internal resources (e.g. Risk Control, Claim, Operations, etc.) to ensure delivery of all related services to clients.
9) Perform all functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
The incumbent has authority that is determined by his/her level of experience and complexity of programs assigned.
4 years of Account Executive/ underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree or relevant related work experience.
Clearly demonstrates specific knowledge requirements as defined by the business group. Understand products, financials, objectives and service requirements of business group. Knows how to get things done.
Marketing and Underwriting:
Solid knowledge of technical underwriting. Typically has 6-8 years of relevant Account Executive/Underwriting experience. Loss responsive underwriting is a plus. Demonstrated marketing skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals. Professionally current. Works effectively with all levels and can easily build new relationships. Able to recognize opportunities to penetrate a new market, take advantage of all important opportunities to increase market share and takes intelligent risks.
Identifies customers' needs and take appropriate action to meet those needs. Acts with a sense of urgency. Strong knowledge of competitive market conditions.
Identifies current or future problems or opportunities. Analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making. Understands business objectives and can act in a decisive manner to achieve financial results.
Establishes strong coalitions and networks both within and outside of the Division/Company.
Makes sound decisions. Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and a commitment to doing the right things.
Takes responsibility for decisions and actions. Manages own work. Understands the business and responds to all related issues, concerns and problems.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Solid/strong excel skills required.
The incumbent generally spends 25%-30% in outside contact with agents and insureds. Must be able to accommodate overnight travel approximately 2-3 times per quarter.
Incumbent works in a typical office environment.
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Licensing or Certificates
Valid drivers license required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE