Underwriter – Production - Georgia
Production Underwriter – Georgia
We are seeking an experienced Production Underwriter to join the team. The person will work remote from their home office in the Atlanta, GA area; must have strong technical expertise in workers’ compensation underwriting and enjoy establishing and maintaining relationships with assigned agencies.
- Manage an assigned agency territory and book of business to meet or exceed growth and profit objectives.
- Perform external agency marketing activities through regular agency visitation and telephone contact.
- Solicit, underwrite, negotiate and price business within established authority to create a profitable book of business.
- Follow company guidelines to select new business and retain renewal business to ensure profitability.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships across departments to manage account activity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years workers’ compensation underwriting experience in Georgia; multi-state underwriting experience preferred.
- Experience underwriting large and/or complex risks.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong sales & marketing skills. Successful track record of developing productive agency relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly and effectively communicate the company’s message during agency/client meetings & presentations.
- Industry designation(s)
FFVA Mutual is an A- VIII (Excellent) A.M. Best rated workers’ compensation insurance company serving all business segments. Our unique combination of prevention-driven loss control and proactive claims management has made us an industry leader in controlling costs for our customers. Our product is available in AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN and VA.
Employees of FFVA Mutual Insurance Co. enjoy a family-friendly and creative work environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, 401K contribution and health insurance.