Sales & Marketing Representative
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Sales & Marketing Representative
About the Job
Unico American Corporation, through its subsidiaries (Crusader Insurance Company, Unifax Insurance Systems, Inc., American Insurance Brokers, and American Association for Quality Health Care) provides property, casualty, health, and life insurance products, as well as insurance premium financing and membership association services. Unico American Corporation was founded over 35 years ago, is publicly owned (traded under the symbol “UNAM”) and is located in Calabasas, California.
We are passionate about serving our customers and we take pride in being a values-based organization. Guided by our beliefs in Excellence, Success, Integrity, People, Diversity and Stability, we are looking for unique individuals who want to contribute and be part of an exceptional, growing company.
The Sales & Marketing Representative is responsible for the achievement of profitable growth and new business production goals within an assigned territory of agents and brokers, in accordance with the company’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- $55k - $95k
- Builds and maintains outstanding relationships with agents and brokers within assigned territory.
- Drives and manages territory growth and profitability, while increasing brand awareness of Crusader Insurance Company and its product offerings.
- Serves as a liaison between distribution partners and company to successfully activate new relationships and coordinates appropriate training for new and existing distribution partners.
- Effectively networks within the industry to help increase company visibility, including attendance at relevant insurance industry conferences, professional association meetings, and other networking events.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Critical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Capacity
This position has no managerial/supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand; walk; use hands to hold, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and expected hours
This is a full-time position. Though some flexibility in hours may be allowed, the employee must be available during the company’s regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm and for additional time outside of regular business hours, to support the company’s business needs.
A minimum of 60% travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without any notice.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
1-3 years’ experience in insurance or 3 -5 years in outside marketing.