Producer - Commercial Insurance Sales
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
As a Producer - Commercial Insurance Sales with Frost Insurance Agency, you will be responsible for pursuing and closing sales of new and existing insurance accounts and retaining a book of business. This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through Frost Insurance Agency. Responsibilities will include achieving objectives established in the annual producer sales plan; prospecting for new business from existing clients and identified target groups; contracting prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments; surveying prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records; developing and delivering formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information; conducting client and prospect appointments; communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details, and communicating desire to conduct business; and introducing Account Executive and/or Account Manager to clients, requesting that service calls be directed to them, and forwarding all service related calls to assigned service person. The candidate will keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree; or 2+ years experience in sales
- Texas General Lines Agent License: Property and Casualty (P&C); or Life, Accident, Health, and HMO License, as appropriate; or attainment within 90 days
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Oil and Gas experience
Frost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.