Territory Sales Manager
- Career Level
Responsible for achievement of growth and profit goals within an assigned territory. Assist in developing and implementing strategic plans for territory and agencies. Continually analyzing the territory and the performance of agencies. Market company products and service to assigned agencies and manage agency relationships.
Production - measured by new business production and renewal retention considerate of: Segment performance for TSM’s assigned agents, overall TSM territorial results, and respective TSM’s “team” results.
Business Development - Works in tandem with the Regional Leaders to establish and achieve agency and team goals and objectives, and provides significant input in the development and execution of Team and Line of Business Plans. Communication of planned agency activities along with ensuing documentation.
- Communication & Execution of company's operating plans to and with agents. Acts as lead spokesman for the company.
- Develop strategic business plans for key agencies and monitor agent's performance relative to plans and goals.
- Evaluates agents based on their contribution to BMAG overall plans, and recommends mid plan adjustments where needed.
Awareness of and involvement with new and renewal “key accounts” that have a major impact on TSM territorial results.
Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with agents, including building relationships with potential new agents, maintaining agency management systems and data, etc.
Helps maintain service standards, submission activity, new business hit ratio. Manages new business submission activity. Measured by respective team expense and hit ratios.
Delivers account presentations to producers and customers.
Works in partnership with the Underwriters to write new business and retaining renewals.
Involvement on individual larger commercial accounts.
New agency appointments
Agency terminations as appropriate
Agency penetration improvement
Collecting information on competitor activities (sales, acquisitions, approaches, strategies, etc.) as well as on competitiveness (rates, coverages, commissions, pricing, underwriting, products, etc.). Recommending BMAG courses of action based on competitor/competitive data,
Heads the Agency Review process for the Team.
Acts as the front person for the Team on new agency appointments and terminations.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent industry experience and training. Insurance designations (CPCU, CIC, etc.) preferred.
- Seven or more years of progressive commercial lines experience with extensive knowledge of industry procedures, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the local insurance environment.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical underwriting and marketing skills with the ability to analyze a variety of situations, and present logical solutions.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities.