Business Development Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
As a member of the Regional Operations Team, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for profitable business generation. The Business Development Specialist will execute the established marketing plan to generate flow and submissions for the Underwriting Team, increasing new business opportunities, supporting retention objectives and building/maintaining strong agency and broker relationships.
- Assist in meeting or exceeding all profit goals, and new & renewal business production goals.
- Generate qualified submissions in order to reach the specified goal based on an analysis of PMA's appetite, and supporting the organization's business strategy.
- Maximize hit ratios by partnering with the Underwriters during the sales process including obtaining qualifying information from agents and brokers and fully participating in sales presentations.
- Execute business plans for other marketing states as PMA expands throughout the Midwest territory.
- Develop and maintain agency profiles for assigned territories.
- Develop objectives and plans for all appointed brokers and agents with an emphasis on production sources.
- Ensure brokers and agents have a clear understanding of PMA's capabilities, appetite and areas that are likely to yield a mutual benefit.
- Maintain the Account Inventory and the Target Lists for all agencies.
- Execute the agency call pattern plan, focusing team resources on those agents and brokers with the most potential to support profit objectives.
- Coordinate PMA presence at industry events in assigned territories.
- Participate and work with the Account Management Team.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.