Meetings, Awards, & Promotions - Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Meetings, Awards, and Promotions (MAPS) team within the regional Sales Support Department is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all process outputs related to the design, development, maintenance, negotiation, and execution of meetings, awards, and promotions.
Consults with team members and/or management at an advanced level to assist in the design, development, maintenance, negotiation, and analysis of Meetings, Awards, and Promotions (MAPS) processes. This person has broad understanding of the data, information, terminology, and technology used to extract, analyze and communicate data.
- Consults with team members and/or management to support, coordinate and develop:
- Assists management and may lead in the creation and oversight of:
- All meeting standards and processes
- Regional promotions standards and processes
- Regional / corporate awards standards and processes
- Advanced tracking of expenses and budgets
- Implements, manages, and contributes to meetings, awards, and promotions that are up to moderate complexity and are moderate in scope using acceptable standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables for self and others based on established objectives
- Tracks own plan performance and work timelines and may assist leadership in mentoring team members
- Ensures controls are in place throughout life cycle of assigned work projects
- Provides feedback on work status to team members and/or management and identifies areas of opportunity
- Actively builds strong relationships among team members to ensure cooperation on assigned work
- Provides assistance or guidance on systems or applications as needed by a department/discipline
- Can clearly articulate the fundamentals of reporting systems or applications used by a department/discipline
- Can explain and demonstrate reporting standards/applications used by a department/discipline
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards, both internal and external
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of sales specific awards and recognition programs
- Actively shares expertise with peers and leadership
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development with their respective discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate to high level of negotiation skills
- Moderate to advanced level of computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and C-Vent
- Strong planning and organizational skills, which include great attention to detail
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong financial planning and budget skills
- Assists in developing solutions to a variety of problems, with limited guidance from management
- Occasionally interacts with senior leadership and officers
- Coordinates and handles multiple tasks at once
- Moderate to advanced level of creativity and initiative
- Is patient, competent, and professional with customers; solves customer problems with speed and accuracy, with support from team members
- Builds and maintains relationships with supervisors, team members, vendors, sales leaders, and agencies
- Bachelors Degree preferred and/or 4-6 years of industry experience in the same or related field; Certified Meeting Planner certification preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.