Digital Marketing Ecommerce Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Marketing Specialist, e-Commerce, is responsible for increasing and optimizing eCommerce sales by supporting/creating digital marketing and social media programs and through implementing efficient improvements in organic search programs, new and existing websites. The following outlines duties as needed/required:
- Lead the analysis, verification and implementation of marketing plans to improve organic search visibility for selected ASP - Property Solutions websites, with a focus on generating increased traffic and sales, optimizing any available search spend, leveraging organizational partners and applying current search engine optimization best practices.
- Propose and manage implementation of digital marketing initiatives pertinent to channel website content (including mobile) and social media, including but not limited to Industry data inclusion, video updates/additions, product information and rates, customer service/claims information, consumer insight learnings and/or changes as necessary.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing key program performance metrics such as click thru rate, conversion rate, abandon rate, test vs. control results.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing key marketing performance metrics as they relate to revenue and profitability.
- Participate in web site content development/analysis to ensure that the impact of content changes on the customer experience from the sales and support perspectives is considered
- Develop user experience for existing and new websites using industry best practices, including but not limited to mobile sites.
- Oversee paid search activities and results (as approved) and utilize data to drive our paid search program management to result in improved search engine optimization based upon analytical methods.
- Create and manage channel social media content, while remaining focused on Social Media policy and Legal compliance.
- Collaborate with Manager/Director and vendors to design Ad/Banner campaign content, working to ensure design/content consistency used to build and strengthen online brand(s).
- Review and utilize analyzed data to better speak to targeted market segments and make recommendations to Manager.
- Manage channel website icon/linking/landing page updates involving client communication as necessary.
- Manage customer feedback from survey responses and publish results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Creating and managing website/mobile content: 40%
- Generate and implement digital marketing initiatives: 40%
- Reporting on Marketing Results: 20%
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The hired person must also possess excellent interpersonal skills with individuals from all levels of the Assurant organization. This employee must possess the ability to quickly learn computer applications, analyze situations to determine next steps for rapid and accurate resolution. The ability to approach issues logically and strategically as well as test information/systems is a plus. This individual must have the ability to digest large amounts of data, determine the relevant data elements and deliver a well-thought out logical work product.
EDUCATION: (State the level of general educational development required. Should be supported on the basis of duties and responsibilities. Example: Bachelors degree for Accountant. If there are alternatives, list them and explain the tradeoff. Example: Associates degree for Software Engineer (ordinarily a BS would be required) plus 2 years experience of related experience in addition to the stated experience requirements).
- Four year degree or equivalent experience is required, preferably in the area of marketing (digital marketing is ideal), business management.
- Requires experience in the effective use of marketing and advertising principles, strategies and tactics.
- Microsoft product(s) knowledge is required as well as project coordination and customer /client service experience.
- Requires a thorough understanding of search engine marketing and the ability to implement strategies designed to increase visibility, traffic and sales.
- Requires the ability to quickly grasp Assurant Specialty Property Property Solutions product lines.
- Requires excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate marketing initiatives to co-workers and outside vendors.
- Requires the ability to understand how digital direct marketing programs correlate with overall department and corporate marketing strategies.
- Requires the ability to creatively solve problems while managing multiple projects.
- Requires the ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to others.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple small projects simultaneously, utilizing resources from across the organization.
- Requires the ability to apply usability concepts to the end-user experience.