- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Role of IT Management is to lead the Investment IT organization by: fostering the development of a common vision; providing clear direction and priorities; clarifying roles and responsibilities; recognizing and removing barriers to progress; encouraging and empowering others to achieve; creating enthusiasm and a desire to excel; accurately assessing the strengths and development needs of team members; giving timely, specific feedback and coaching; providing challenging assignments and opportunities.
The role of the Sr. Manager is to lead an organization within the Investment Technology Department that will consist of several individual teams within a single business capability area. At this level, the manager sets the strategic direction for their organization in support of the business objectives of the company, ensuring the structures and processes needed to effectively deliver the mission of their organization are in place. They create a work environment that enables their employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for leading organizational change, delivering business results by working across the organization, and development of employees. They demonstrate a high level of influence within their own organization, with their business partners, peer leaders, and senior leaders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees by creating an environment of safety and innovation within their organization and across peer groups
- Identifies and proactively removes barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for their organization, peer groups and leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes
- Leads the process of establishing vision, direction and specific objectives for organization
General Management & Decision Making
- Develops ideas and team strategy that have long-term, strategic impact on area of responsibility and that align with Enterprise direction. Responsible for initiating work and allocating resources necessary to implement strategy and achieve organizational goals.
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Manages multiple teams with significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
- Applies knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to drive business solutions on behalf of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
- Fosters innovation. Creates structures and processes that promote an environment of innovation and experimentation for direct reports, peer groups, leaders and the organization.
- Highly proficient in the business of information technology
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent, MBA a plus
Experience: 5+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
Experience: 8+ years of experience in information technology
Experience: In Capital Markets or Asset Management Industry strongly preferred
Experience: With Agile methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, and DevOps a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.