Ops Training & Dev Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The VPS Operations Training Analyst plans, organizes and delivers a wide-range of training programs for new hires and existing employees that incorporate work processes and procedures, product, systems, sales and customer service either face to face or through webinar. Participates in the analysis of the employees specific training needs to make recommendations for developing new programs and on-the-job specific refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their job skills. The Operations Training Analyst assists in the development and delivery of on-the-job specific refreshers to help employees maintain and improve their job skills. Requires moderate judgment and close supervision. The position reports directly to the SR Director of Operations.
This position also serves as a VPS Claims Adjuster IV/lead, managing daily service levels and the flow of the floor to ensure client service levels are obtained. This includes managing all aspects of the Queue and assisting adjusters with high dollar claim overrides.
Program Support and Maintenance: 30%
Under the guidance of Manager/Director, develops programs that align to business priorities by:
- Meeting with SMEs to determine new training/refresher needs; participating in needs assessments and gathering data to establish project scope and timelines; analyzing audience to determine best/new training strategy/tools through focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Identifying content and learning material to develop programs that align to client specifications.
- Developing or assisting in the development of course curriculum (scripting, lesson plans, job aids, activities, PowerPoints) for product knowledge, systems, and customer service and implements by due date.
- Identifying necessary improvements to current processes and procedures to ensure training curriculum is up to date and reflects Business strategy.
- Submitting request to Digital Content Analyst for updates to training tools (i.e., Knowledgebases).
- Ensuring adherence to legal, branding and compliance/ regulatory guidelines and/or other standards used throughout the enterprise.
- Informing team immediately upon learning of issues that may affect their effectiveness.
- Assisting in peer review process and piloting of new material.
- Work directly with the QA team to evaluate calls to help determine the development of refresher training classes based on results of evaluation.
- Facilitates training for internal customers. This includes, but not limited to, new hire training, Train the Trainer, Webinars, departmental workshops and refresher workshops.
- Assists in new client program launches.
- Conducts product, system, claims, contract maintenance and customer service new hire and refresher training.
- Provides on-the-floor support after program launches to ensure agents have the necessary support and guidance.
- Maintains close contact with call center supervisors and managers to anticipate needs and make recommendations for additional training support.
- Completes all training as assigned by specified dates and achieves satisfactory feedback from participants.
Process Management: 30%
- Coordinates class schedules with appropriate parties.
- Orders supplies for classes prior to start date.
- Ensures classroom equipment is tested and working properly prior to class start date.
- Conducts online surveys for courses.
- Maintains training records to include all attendance and system issues.
- Records all test scores within one week of class completion.
- Stays abreast of campaign changes and alerts Managers to ensure that training is alignment with clients policies and guidelines.
- Consistently models core competency behaviors.
- Informs customers of unavoidable delays.
- Ensures that work requests are documented, tracked, stored, maintained and archived in accordance with company policy.
- Enters project time into tracking system on a daily basis.
- Maintains product knowledge and keep current with processes and procedures at all times.
- Participates in all learning events conducted by Digital Media and Client Training team.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development using external/on-line resources.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- One year facilitation experience in customer service and systems or related area.
- One year call center/operations experience or related area a plus.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors and other employees of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions & Microsoft Windows XP or later versions