Business Development Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Business Development Manager IV is an individual contributor will drive sales growth through identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships through a consultative, B2B solution sales approach.
- Uncovers or proposes business opportunities by working closely with partners to understand the business and developing relationships; discovering and exploring opportunities to profitably grow and enhance customer business and value.
- Analyze potential business opportunities by studying market and customer strategies, business requirements, future growth, and financials; evaluating options; resolving priorities and/or barriers.
- Develops partner strategies and positions by studying and understanding integration of customer goals/strategies and needs with our business strategies, capabilities and operations; examining risks and potentials.
- Secures new business opportunities by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required Skills & Education:
- Bachelor degree
- Proven experience with National Retail and E Commerce customers
- Working knowledge of Insurance and Mobile Industry
- 5 years experience in a Business Development role
- Minimum 3+ years' of sales experience at the decision maker, VP and C-Suite level
- Proven track record of success
- Experience building a unique, customized sales plan & strategy by prospective client.
- Proven negotiation and sales closing techniques to secure profitable business.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
Desired experience, skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Protection Plan, Extended Service Contract/Warranty or Premium Tech Services and associated ancillary services.
- Knowledge of insurance or financial service products..
- Management of existing clients that drive organic growth.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Time management, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Financial acumen and understanding of various financial models within the service industry
- Global business experience a plus