Financial Accounting Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity in our York, PA location!
This individual will be responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis functions for the expanded Assurant Solutions operations. Perform various data analytics to help ensure compliance to Assurant accounting policies in the following areas, accounting and finance; Revenue Recognition, Financial and Inventory System, Billing and Internal Control Management and Incentive Controls.
- Prepare all financial reporting and related analysis due to corporate
- Prepare all internal reporting and analysis, including key performance indicators as needed to support management decision making functions
- Train new team members of Finance department on policies and procedures of financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts and related analytics
- Prepare and maintain dashboards indicating performance related to established metrics.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and related analytics
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as dictated by upper management
- Perform analysis for all products and services, costs and expenses and assist with auditors as needed.
- Document revenue recognition position on small and large complex transactions
- Review sales, distribution and marketing agreements to identify accounting issues and monitor compliance with companys revenue recognition policies
- Review draft contracts and provide revenue recognition recommendation to sales team
- Evaluate impact to revenue recognition and communicate key risks to accounting management
- Collaborate with upper level management on the financial and strategic
- impact of new programs
- Consult with Operations Team to produce outstanding financial results
- Develops and maintains an understating of system dependencies, workflows, integrations and processes of application.
- Identify and recommend product customizations, enhancements or work rounds to meet business needs.
- Perform reconciliation, check links and maintenance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years minimum experience managing financial reporting, planning and analysis functions In manufacturing is preferred. Knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Financial management and leadership during periods of change
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Ability to lead and work as member of a team
- Analytical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills
- Advanced Excel and database application skills (e.g. Using V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc. in excel and report writing in database programs)
- Financial modeling skills
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel.
- Office position which works within a warehouse environment.