VP, Retail Solutions
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are seeking a VP, Retail Solutions who will be responsible for managing the strategic development and day-to-day operational / tactical aspects of multiple cross functional, programs and projects of various size/scope within the Retail industry.
This position develops, secures approval of, and guides managerial personnel in development & administration of an operating budget for area(s) of responsibility and attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans.This incumbent will report directly to the SVP, Connected Living.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Drives strategy definition and organizational blueprints and shapes a roadmap for mobilizing and delivering subsequent changes (leveraging skills of a broader resource base). Communicates regularly with C level executives on the strategy and execution progress. Facilitates plan changes to accommodate new information, competitive intelligence, regulatory change, or financial landscape needs
- Defines high-level deliverables of programs and projects across the enterprise - with content expertise in Transformation (e.g. Operational excellence, cost structure optimization, New Business, Expansion, Operating Model Restructuring and Strategic outlook). Determines appropriate metrics to track progress. Leads the development of new process transformations that result in optimal utilization of people, process and technologies.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and is able to develop financial models. Integrates and analyzes financial data for multiple projects, such as labor costs, unit costs, run rates, headcount and utilization across projects. Accurately forecasts cost structure run rates and utilization across projects. Drives appropriate research, analysis and benchmarking to determine best in class process and organization structure and technologies.
- Implements engagement reviews with other stakeholders to ensure risk mitigation and successful execution of strategic plans and manages scope and mitigates risk across projects and multiple work streams
- Works in conjunction with various disciplines including: sales teams, account teams, product development, IT application development, and operations to implement sustainable change to the operating model. Assists to effectively influence colleagues in diverse reporting structures to obtain accountability sign offs from business heads in different disciplines. Manages the relationships and engagement of third party consultants, advisors, counsel, professional services as a part of the programs and projects delivered. Manages business / technical requirements development teams and has responsibility for business needs translation into technology platforms that support operations delivery.
- Bachelors degree
- 15 years of progressive management experience in business leadership, planning, forecasting & strategy
- 30% Travel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Proven leadership in a world-class communications company is highly desired
- Solid knowledge of key trends to include, retail, technology, B2B and B2C service trends
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise transformation projects & operating model change
- Masters degree in business or related area
- Direct experience in designing and implementing business planning programs and with a broad range of best-in-class database tools/analytics/research approaches.
- Experience in enterprise transformation projects & operating model changes.