Agency Services Consultant - AIA
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This job family contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices for the Agency Services team supporting Allstates Independent Agents. As part of this job family, the Agency Services Consultant role will aid the development, implementation, and maintenance of technologies surrounding comparative raters while also optimizing comparative rater opportunities for growth in the AIA channel.
- Applies and demonstrates knowledge of the AIA business functionalities
- Possess knowledge of Allstate products, pricing, discounts, and competition in various markets within all states and regions
- Understands the importance of comparative raters and acts as a subject-matter expert and liaison within the AIA channel
- Helps ensure that comp rater projects, plans, and strategies support the organization and business goals
- Act as a liaison with the sales and education teams to build out comparative rater education/training material
- Actively participates in the user acceptance testing efforts for new deployments, and contributes a strict focus on agency experience and improving the ease of doing business
- Effective and concise communicator of business goals, objectives methodology, and functions
- Ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize vendor data as part of error management to resolve issues
- Interprets and draws conclusions from business data, demonstrating an understanding of overall business needs and desires that apply to a project or effort
- Provides thought leadership, innovative ideas and direction in support of senior leadership by demonstrating a good understanding of the business, customer, and field needs
- Builds and maintains relationships with business and technology partners needed to accomplish assigned tasks, run the business, and new projects
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with project team members, field leaders, and AIAs
- With direction - performs research, gathers information, analyzes data, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations
- Begins to develop cross functional awareness; understanding the different contributors from other disciplines and works with colleagues to achieve better results
- Establishes common ground and looks for mutually-acceptable solutions while building consensus
- Able to identify outstanding or unresolved issues, and escalate appropriately
- Utilizes relevant functional, business, and technical knowledge to identify and recommend the best solutions for Agencies and staff
- Solves business problems and looks for innovative solutions to drive strategic change
- With direction - helps with the development of business cases and business requirements
- With direction - supports and/or leads the development/design of new plans, programs and processes up to moderate complexity
- With direction - develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements and ensures processes are applied consistently
- Ability to maintain confidence and be agile in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of experience
- Insurance experience
- Familiar with web-based applications, preferably with insurance applications such as comparative raters or policy administration systems
- Agency development experience preferred
- Basic presentation and facilitation skills
- Basic skills in project management, team building, and problem solving
- Good communications skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (ability to create presentations and create/manipulate spreadsheets)
- General understanding and knowledge of learning design, instructional methods and training techniques
- Basic knowledge of sales processes, policies, and procedures or other business/technical fields
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.