Associate Analyst - Risk and Return Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $80 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. The business model provides the foundation for daily decision-making and portfolio management. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds,a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
- Assist senior investment professionals within Risk & Return Management in the ongoing evaluation, monitoring and measurement of idiosyncratic and systemic risks across the investment portfolios, with an emphasis on credit and market risks.
- High degree of exposure across a wide variety of public and private investment markets, including debt and equity. Significant interaction with senior risk professionals, traders, and research analysts.
- Work with senior professionals within Risk to develop and continuously improve our reporting infrastructure for monitoring, evaluating, and communicating risks across the investment portfolio and related markets.
- Monitor the investment portfolio and investment markets on a daily basis, identifying primary areas for further discussion.
- Research trends across sectors and markets, based upon direction provided by senior professionals in Risk & Return, to provide insights on how changing dynamics may influence Allstates measurement, management or evaluation of risk in the portfolios. Prepare PowerPoint presentations or other materials to summarize key findings and communicate across the organization.
- Assist in performing stress and other scenario testing across the investment portfolio.
- Monitor, evaluate and summarize trends associated with specific credits, sectors, or geographic exposures in the portfolio on an ongoing basis. Communicate findings and lead discussions on key risk/opportunity attributes.
- Work with senior Risk professionals and Portfolio Managers to modify or create investment guidelines as appropriate.
- Coordinate and prepare meeting materials and minutes for various Committees.
- Assist senior risk professionals in the ongoing development and evaluation of portfolio risk measurement models and tools; risk forecasting estimates; and, risk correlations.
- Solid foundational understanding of investment markets as well as equity and credit analysis terms and ratios.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; Bloomberg expertise a significant plus. Highly adaptable to and comfortable with various technology platforms. Quantitative or programming capabilities a plus, but not required.
- Works well with others; strong written and verbal communicator; comfortable with varying (and reactive) daily responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently, inquisitive nature, and ownership mentality.
- One to three years investment banking, consulting, risk management, public accounting, or asset management experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, or engineering strongly preferred.
- MBA or CFA candidate a plus.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes which are consistent with the Companys stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement
- Demonstrates and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical, and moral character
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
The candidate will adhere to the following in order to fulfill Allstate Investments compliance requirements and policies:
- Provide the Investments Compliance team with a list of investment accounts over which you have significant influence;
- Provide consent, through a signed statement, allowing Investments Compliance to receive duplicate confirmations of transactions in such accounts;
- Pre-clear through the Pre-Trade Clearing Process any personal security trades as will be further described upon employment. The Pre-Trade Clearing Process involves a check against a restricted security/issuer list, maintained by Investments Compliance, based on Allstate Investments and Allstates activities and dealings in the financial markets.
- Answer certain compliance questions regarding any affiliations with investment advisers, violations of state or federal securities laws, or actions taken against you by securities regulators and,
- Annually (and as otherwise required) confirm compliance with the Allstate Code of Ethics and the Allstate Investments Code of Conduct.
- Provide Investments Compliance with a complete report of their current securities holdings in which the employee has, or acquires, any direct or indirect beneficial ownership. An employee is presumed to be a beneficial owner of securities that are held by his or her immediate family members sharing the individuals household. Household family members include married or common-law spouses, domestic partners, partners defined by civil union and resident dependent children.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.