Director, Commercial Insurance - Placement Specialist
- Career Level
Director, Commercial Insurance
Join an international insurance agency serving clients in the Southeast and mid-Atlantic states...and live in beautiful Greenville, SC (4th fastest growing city in the nation)
Our client is seeking an executive level leader to be the Director, Commercial Insurance, providing strategy and expertise for the firm’s marketing and placement of it's property/casualty products with it's carriers. You will provide technical expertise to the producer team, supporting their efforts in placing products with those carriers where you’ve developed strong relationships.
The Director, Commercial Insurance will provide strategic direction for the firm in the placement of products and support the overall firm goals in concert with the Division Manager. The right candidates will have the leadership and management capacity to become an integral part of the Executive Team, providing overall strategy for the firm.
The Director, Commercial Insurance supports producers and commercial insurance servicing teams to provide guidance and resources for account placement, program placement, program structures and other technical support, to identify resources from within the firm to manage commercial carrier relationships including capabilities, appetites, submission flows and production results.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the Division Manager to achieve Division goals and performs at a highly proficient level to achieve the quality standards developed by the agency.
- Collaborates with the Division Manager to support and achieve goals set forth for the Division.
- Works closely with and supports Vice President - Commercial and Private Client on work flows operational strategy and the performance of the Commercial Team.
- Works with Producers and Commercial Service Teams on program structures, carrier placement strategies, resource identification and technical coverage issues.
- Works closely with Producers in respect to the marketing of accounts, including finding appropriate markets for coverage and when necessary, negotiating pricing and placement of such coverage.
- Promotes communication regarding carriers, coverages, resources and program structure.
- Serves as a technical resource for service teams and Producers/AE/CAMS.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients, carriers and team members.
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant technical experience in this type of role
- Leadership competency to become future senior leader of the firm
- Experience and ability to work in fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Flexibility and multi-tasking across a diversity of firm responsibilities
- High Integrity as exhibited by behaviors that represent the values of the firm
- Demonstrates high level of expertise in coverages, underwriting, rating, and risk analysis as well as markets and contacts.
- State Property & Casualty License or ability to obtain in 90 days
- CPCU, ARM, or other appropriate professional designations
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer