Account Executive - B2B / Outside Sales
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
MTI was established in 1988 and is a privately-owned company providing commercial and residential inspections along with premium audit services to insurance companies for underwriting and premium audit determination. With our Home Office in Hanover Park, IL, and our field representatives throughout the country, we service our customers' property and casualty needs in all 50 states. We have a National Call Center, completing insurance underwriting phone surveys of contractors, homeowners, auto owners, and business owners. MTI also provides Safety Consulting services to the insurance industry as well as to for-profit businesses and government entities.
As a result of our continued growth and expansion, we have an immediate need for an experienced ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (OUTSIDE SALES). The successful candidate must have at least two years of prior experience selling Loss Control/Risk Control Services, Underwriting Inspections, and/or Premium Audit Services to Insurance Carriers, MGAs, Program Managers and Brokers. Candidates without this or directly-related experience will not be considered.
We will accept resumes from qualified applicants throughout the U.S., and we will train the successful candidates on all aspects of our company operations, with the goal of building our base through outside business-to-business sales and by effectively managing active accounts.
There is a base compensation along with a performance compensation (commission), based on the success of the sales efforts. The total compensation package can be tailored to goals being met and to overall performance expectations based on experience and demonstrated skills.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Choice of Medical Plans, voluntary Dental Insurance, and voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a Roth Option and a Company Match
- Casual dress every day at the Home Office
- Company events, and a friendly and supportive team-oriented environment
- Business Development: prospecting potential customers, making them aware of our lines of products and services. This takes the form of heavy phone and computer work during the research and contact phase, with the goal to get the potential client to consent to a telephone and/or in-person meeting to progress the relationship
- Scheduling and presiding at meetings with decision-makers, ranging from one-on-one to small or larger group presentations, with the goal to establish the account and begin a long-term relationship with on-going orders
- Maintaining the relationship, which requires consistent contact via telephone/email and occasional in-person visits to answer questions, solve problems, etc.
Excellent organizational and self-management skills; Excellent presentation skills; Professional demeanor; Excellent listening skills coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills; Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM Software.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree with a Sales & Marketing or Insurance Major or a Degree with 2 years of B2B selling experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, determined by the company.
Apply for Account Executive - B2B / Outside Sales
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly