Sales Agent - Life and Health - Series 6 / 63
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
For over 40 years First Financial Group of America has been protecting families by offering insurance and investment products through employers. We are a full service broker who has professional relationships with over 120 different insurance and investment companies. We are continually shopping the market for our clients in an effort to assure that our clients and their employees are offered the best voluntary benefits for the very best price available.
We offer our sales colleagues an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision prescription drug plan, 401k and a pension plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, business dress attire, commissions and a COMPANY CAR ! The position typically works Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
Our Account Managers are leaders in sales that typically make between $55,000 - $80,000 in their first year. This licensed sales position will work with school districts in the K-12 market providing product options in core and voluntary benefits. Working in the assigned territory, the position will prospect for opportunities as well as build & develop relationships with potential clients.
- Must have Group One Life and Health License
- 2 years proven track record in sales.
- Must live in South Louisiana.
- Willing to travel 80% of the time in and out of assigned territory with overnight stays.
- 2 years experience working with benefits (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug service and retirement plans).
- Strong customer service skills and a proven track record of handling sensitive client information.
- Must have proven oral & written communication, as well as presentation skills through work.
- Must have strong knowledge and work experience using Excel, Word & Outlook.
- High school diploma required or equivalency required (GED).
- Series 6/63 securities license preferred.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university.
- 3 years working in insurance/finance industry.
- Knowledge of general benefit plan terminology highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the K-12 market benefits highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Time management and organization skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to present to small groups.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic and tactful
Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances and successfully complete a thorough background check.